Denver RTD Commuter Rail Maintenance Facility Design
Owner: Denver Regional Transportation District
Location: Denver, Colo.
Gannett Fleming Architects, Inc. provided project management, architectural, industrial, structural, and industrial waste engineering services for the design of a new commuter rail maintenance facility (CRMF) for the Denver FasTracks Commuter Rail System. The facility was designed to achieve LEED® Silver certification.
- Three electrified, daily servicing tracks with depressed floors, and car- and roof-level platforms
- Non-electrified, periodic inspection track with depressed floors and car-, and roof-level platforms
- Non-electrified, wheel-truing track with wheel-truing machine
- Non-electrified, component changeout track with car-hoist systems and overhead bridge cranes
- Vehicle-component support shops
- Central storeroom with highbay rack storage and vertical lift modules
- Maintenance-of-way workshop
- Transportation, maintenance, and employee facilities
- Operations control center and security control area
- Administration and technical support offices and facilities